Woman Empowerement Campaign
At the Venus Charge, we believe events are all about experience. We want our members to fully enjoy and get the best out of each event. Each event will have some key areas of focus and a networking session afterwards.
Tips on attending a networking event
- Be Yourself: The people you connect with when you are authentic, will be the ones you’ll stay in touch with.
- Set reasonable expectations:Also try to set a goal before attending an event. A goal could be as simple as meeting 2 - 5 new people at each event you attend.
- Take Notes:After meeting someone or getting a business card, take notes. It will be easier to remember what you spoke about and to be more specific when you follow up.
- Introduce yourself to the organizer: The best way to get more information about the event is to introduce yourself to the organizer. She can then point you in the right direction of who you can network with.
- Treat people like friends:Always try to build rapport and trust in the process.
- Consider their network:When meeting people, even if they cant help you, they might know someone who can.
- Be specific:The clearer you are on what you do, they easier it is for people to help you.
- Be engaged:Always keep eye contact with the person / people you are having a conversation with. Remember body language is key when trying to build rapport.
- Do not try to work a room:Instead of meeting as many people as possible, try to meet a few people and build rapport.
- Do not be afraid to join in:It is harmless to join a conversation. The key is finding the right time to introduce yourself.